CIAL Air Cargo:
Competing in today's global economy presents a huge challenge to many supply chain business partners. The air cargo industry demands the right mix of options and solutions in order to satisfy the needs of all segments of the business. As the nation’s first green field Airport, Cargo Service Centre at Cochin International Airport Limited provides the industry with multitude of choices.
Cochin International Airport is one of the leading International Air Cargo Centre’s in Southern part of India. The new Air Cargo Centre at Cochin International Airport commissioned on 01st December 2000. It is the foremost cargo centre in India having the single service provider concept. We at Cochin, provide a single stop shop for all the logistic needs through air including the security functions
The facility has more than 100,000 sq. ft. of office and warehouse area space dedicated for the cargo operations and as capacity continues to expand substantial investments has consolidated and streamlined cargo movement at the airport.
To offer superior cargo centre services to airlines, forwarding agents, shippers and consignees, we stick to the concept of fine tuning our procedures to meet the ever-changing demands and challenges of the constantly evolving air cargo industry. CIAL is the best cargo airport of Kerala, in South India. The regions, one of the biggest and busiest air cargo airports, can easily accommodate long-haul direct and non-stop International / Domestic traffic. Located at Nedumbassery, Cochin (COK), the airport is just 20 kms from Sea Port, 15 KMs from Cochin Economic Zone and 10 KMs from the Industrial and Commercial capital of Kerala., The Tirupur –Coimbatore cargo hub which is key cargo market for South India is only 225 KMs from this Airport
Key Facts of CIAL Cargo Centre
- The total area earmarked for the Cargo village is 50 acres.
- Separate areas are dedicated for the storage and handling of Domestic (in bound, out bound including courier) and international Cargo including the Transshipment cargo
- The entire International air cargo centre is designated as a Customs Bonded area.
It is equipped with modern automated and computer-controlled cargo terminals.
- More than 15 scheduled and non-scheduled carriers with over 80 aircrafts movements daily reach hundreds of cities worldwide.
- Accommodates all aircraft loading: both narrow- and wide-body upper deck and narrow-body belly.
- One lakh square feet of warehouse and storage facilities, including climate-controlled areas and areas for inspection, assembly, etc.
- Separate centre for handling the Perishable cargo
- More than100 cargo companies are based here.
- The long-haul and short-haul trucking companies use CIAL cargo facilities.
CIAL, pioneer in the PPP model green field Airport and leading cargo service provider in India is the sole operator of the Cargo Service Centre.
- Acceptance of cargo in ready for carriage condition
- Physical storage handling including build-up and break-down of ULDs
- Dedicated handling of freighter operations
- Special storage handling for precious hazardous and perishable cargo
- Ware House Management
- Custodian under customs act
- Access Control
- Security functions for all Carriers
- Dedicated business development unit
With completion of Cargo village, there shall be separate centre for Marine Products, Couriers and Express cargo, Valuable and Vulnerable cargo.
The inauguration of exclusive freighter bay and the introduction of the EDI MES at the centre will be immediate attractions
The logistic centre, along with Multi Modular operation of SEA to AIR and AIR to SEA transshipment shall commence with the inauguration of Vallarpadam International Container Terminal at Cochin Port.
Agencies located at the Cargo Centre
- Department of Customs Air Cargo Unit
- International as well as Domestic Airlines Cargo offices
- State Bank of Tranvancore
- Federal Bank Ltd
- Plant Quarantine Office
- Postal Mail Transit office
- IATA/CHA agents in the CIAL Cargo Agents Building