Fully qualified, well-experienced and trained engineers and technicians are positioned at various locations to ensure smooth, trouble free operations and maintenance of electrical installations and equipments.
Three shifts round-the-clock electrical operations are underway in both the airport as well as the outer stations.
Main power is supplied from the Angamaly substation. All substations in the airport and and outer stations have automatic mains failure system with minimum change over time.
Some of the Electrical Systems at the Airport include:
- Fully equipped Maintenance Section
- Highly sensitive relay, protection and safety systems
- Centralized A/C plant with two standby units for Domestic terminal, International terminal
- Centralized A/C with two standby units for ATC tower
- Fully automated programmable addressable fire detection system in both the terminals and the ATC tower
- Superior sophisticated escalator in departure and arrival of International terminal
- Lift with standby unit in ATC tower
- Fully sophisticated Baggage Conveyor System in both Arrival and Departure of both terminals
- Round-the-clock water availability through different sources and modern control pumping systems
- Automatic Fire Hydrant System
- Round-the-clock 3-shift operation under the supervision of qualified and experienced Electrical Engineers
- 3 shift operation in all outer stations
- A fully furnished maintenance section
- Night landing facilities
- Illuminated signboards and markers
- Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- State-of-the-art Outer Marker, NDB, DVOR-1 and DVOR-2
- Imported High Mast Lighting System for flood lighting of car park and apron
- Use of proper energy conservation methods using level controllers, maximum demand monitoring, electronic chokes, automatic power factor correction instruments and timers