Competing in today's global economy presents a huge challenge to many supply chain business partners. The air cargo industry demands the right mix of options and solutions to satisfy the needs of all segments of the business. As the nation’s first green field Airport, Cargo Service Centre at Cochin International Airport Limited provides the industry with multitude of choices.
cochin International Airport is one of the leading International Air Cargo Centre’s in Southern part of India. The new Air Cargo Centre at Cochin International Airport commissioned on 01st December 2000. It is the foremost cargo center in India having the single service provider concept. The facility has more than 100,000 sq. ft. of office and warehouse space dedicated for the cargo operations and as capacity continues to expand substantial investments has consolidated and streamlined cargo movement at the airport.
To offer superior cargo center services to airlines, forwarding agents, shippers and consignees, we stick to the concept of fine tuning our procedures to meet the ever-changing demands and challenges of the constantly evolving air cargo industry. CIAL is the best cargo airport of Kerala, in South India. The regions, one of the biggest and busiest air cargo airports, can easily accommodate long-haul direct and non-stop International / Domestic traffic. Located at Nedumbassery, Cochin (COK), the airport is at about 30 kms from Sea Port, 25 KMs from Cochin Economic Zone and 35 KMs from the Industrial and Commercial capital of Kerala., The Tirupur –Coimbatore cargo hub which is key cargo market for South India is only 225 KMs from this Airport
Key Facts of CIAL Cargo Centre
· The total area earmarked for the Cargo village is 50 acres.
· Separate areas are dedicated for the storage and handling of Domestic (in bound, out bound including courier) and international Cargo including the Transshipment cargo
· The entire International air cargo center is designated as a Customs Bonded area.
It is equipped with modern automated and computer-controlled cargo terminals.
· Accommodates all aircraft loading: both narrow- and wide-body upper deck and narrow-body belly.
· One lakh square feet of warehouse and storage facilities, including climate-controlled areas and areas for inspection, assembly, etc.
· Separate center for handling the Perishable cargo
· More than100 cargo companies are based here.
· The long-haul and short-haul trucking companies use CIAL cargo facilities.
CIAL, pioneer in the PPP model green field Airport and leading cargo service provider in India is the sole operator of the Cargo Service Centre.
· Handles Export cargo brought in ready for carriage condition
· Physical storage and handling including build-up and break-down of ULDs
· Dedicated handling of freighter operations
· Special storage handling for precious, hazardous and perishable cargo
· Ware House Management
· Custodian under customs act
· Access Control
· Dedicated business development unit
Infrastructure Expansion Plans
- New integrated Import buildings.
- Conversion of existing Import section to automated export warehouse
Agencies located at the Cargo Centre
· Department of Customs Air Cargo Unit
· International as well as Domestic Airlines Cargo offices
· State Bank of India
· Federal Bank Ltd
· Plant Quarantine Office
· Postal Mail Transit office
· IATA/CHA agents in the CIAL Cargo Agents Building